Saturday, November 24, 2012

3 Gifts Humble

-To be counted worthy of the life I have been given humbles me greatly.  I do not deserve the way that God lavishly and ridiculously blesses me time and time again.

-Christ being born in a stable is the humblest of gifts.  When I do a good deed, shamefully I want it announced with fanfare and I get a little grumpy if the proper appreciation is not shown.  But the co-creator of the universe, Lord of all, King of Kings, son of God came to Earth as a poor baby in a manger.  His arrival was the gift the world had been waiting for and hardly anyone even noticed.

-Christ dying on a cross was the humblest of sacrifices.  The savior of all mankind, the holy lamb of God could have called down legions of angels to rescue him.  Instead he chose to give up his life in a gruesome, unworthy manner; and he did it for you and for me.


Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,
give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus for you.

No comments: