Ten Things Tuesday
(It's really Wednesday, but Ten Things Wednesday doesn't sound nearly as clever)
1) Our mechanic called on Monday to let us know that our car was finished. He originally thought that the transmission needed to be rebuilt and had given us a quote of $1700. Turns out it was a wheel bearing making all that noise and it only cost us $125.
2) I now have Weaver volumes 2-4 in my possession. A woman in our home school group offered them to me. I don't know yet how much she wants for them, but I'm sure it will be a huge savings.
3) Since we saved so much on the car, I was able to purchase a new vacuum cleaner. A good one! It's an Electrolux model that is supposed to be really good for sucking up all that pesky pet hair.
4) I would say LOST is on tonight, but since it is actually Wednesday and I've already watched it... LOST was on last night, but we had some running around to do, so we recorded it and I got to watch in sans commercials.
5) I figured out how to make our Wahl hair trimmer work a little better. It is amazing what you can do when you take the time to read the little pamphlet that comes with a product.
6) We have had the opportunity for some great fellowship lately. It is wonderful to sit down with people and have them support us and really know what it's like being in our shoes.
7) I get to go on a date with my hubby and some friends on Saturday night!
8) Last Saturday, we attended a sock hop put on by the local Methodist church. We had a good time and then ate at Uncle John's Restaurant here in town. I love building these kinds of family fun memories with the kids.
9) I am sitting right now, resting and taking it easy. The kids are in bed. Rob is watching a silly movie and I am just Michelle playing on the computer. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love my husband and kids, and love spending time with them. However, by the end of the evening sometimes it's nice to not be needed.
10) On Sunday, we are leaving for Joplin and we won't come back until Friday! We get to see family and friends. We get to relax...ahhh.