Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Okay, so I've become a bit of a complainer. Snow - blah. Car issues - blah. Interruptions - blah. Sewer issues - blah. Blah, blah, blah. I really don't like being like this. I used to be such a sunny, silver-lining-seeker of a girl. So, instead of sitting around complaining about the fact that I'm complaining, I thought I'd take steps to change. In my opinion, the best way to stop griping about what's wrong is to focus on what's right. Here's an idea that I'm swiping from a facebook friend of mine, Julie Swaim. (http://www.pearlsandjulesofwisdom.blogspot.com/)

Ten Things Tuesday

What I'm thankful for today...

1. Our kitties lost their social standing and their front claws and are recovering nicely. As an added bonus, the bill was considerably less than we thought it would be.

2. I recently discovered we are not behind in school as I once feared. At the pace we're on, we could be done by mid-May.

3. We had a houseful of people on Sunday! This is something I have been missing for a while now. I hope it's the start of a trend.

4. I've recently started to see glimpses of the kind, tender hearts I thought my children had lost.

5. My house is company ready and it's been that way since Saturday! If you rang my doorbell right now, I would let you come all the way in.

6. There is someone voluntarily and unexpectedly clearing the snow out of my driveway as I type! He's now finished and is moving on to bless someone else. I love to see the generosity and kindness of others.

7. My car is in the shop and will hopefully run much smoother and quieter when I pick it up later this week.

8. I think I know what I want to be when I grow up - a nurse. I will finally be going to college when Rob is done. I'm excited about it and a little fearful.

9. Someone offered to give us a piano. We have a space ready. Now I just need good weather, some burly men and a truck to get it over here. Then Megan can practice every day and we will not miss lessons because of my forgetfulness.

10. LOST is on tonight!!!

1 comment:

Jules said...

I'm SO jealous about piano and today, my house is also where I'd let you all the way in! :) Thanks for the motivation to blog again!