Thursday, April 15, 2010

I am LOVING this time of year! It has been so beautiful out the past several days. I'm enjoying mowing and walking to the park with the kiddos and really looking forward to planting a garden. The birds are singing, the trees are budding and my allergies are in full swing. Spring has sprung!

Now, if I could only muster up this kind of enthusiasm for teaching, things would really be great. I guess it's not so much the enthusiasm that I'm lacking as much as it is the energy and determination. Oh don't get me wrong. I still know we're supposed to be doing this and know that we are using the right curriculum. I have no intention of giving up or sending the kids back to public school. I just have trouble getting going in the morning. Every afternoon, I feel guilty because I didn't do enough or really get into it like I should have. So every evening, I vow to make tomorrow better, finish everything on our list for the day and have fun doing it. Then, the morning comes and it's back to procrastinating and rushing through to just get it done.

I want my kids to love learning. I want them to look forward to each day and to really grasp all the concepts, most especially the Bible lessons for the day. I want to make it fun for them and make this the highlight of their day. So, if I have all these desires, know I'm doing the right thing and know what it is that I'm doing wrong; then why do I go through this same cycle over and over again? I could just defend myself by saying that it's my first year and I'm allowed to not do everything right. I mean, that is true and really i'm not expecting perfection here. I just need a little more spring in my step.

We are currently on chapter 11 of The Weaver. This chapter is meant to be a breather so that you can catch-up or take a little break. The only thing that is in the chapter is Bible and character sketches. I think it came at a perfect time. I'm just really beating myself up and needed this time to regroup and get ready for chapter 12. I'm both excited and nervous about chapter 12 - The Human Body. I am determined to do my best with it and to have fun with my kids.

No comments: