Wednesday, September 24, 2008

UGH!!!

I've been thinking for awhile now that I should cut down on the sweets and start some type of exercise. Never was I more aware of this need than this morning! I helped in the kitchen at the Senior's Day Out at Lake Springfield Christian Assembly today. This morning as I was getting ready I thought I should wear something modest, nice, but not too dressy. I pulled on a pair of jeans...okay, okay, I squeezed on a pair of jeans. Then I made a fatal error. I chose to take a look at my backside to be sure I wasn't too hoochie-mama. Not only did I look like I was melted and poured into said jeans, everything in the lower half was much larger than the last time I took a good look. I tried finding a shirt that was long enough to cover the problem. All I could come up with was a white T-shirt that has "White & Nerdy" printed across the front. Comical? Yes. Appropriate for this occasion? No. After several wardrobe changes and trips to the loutish looking-glass, I opted for a pair of capris and a top that half-covered my hiney. These capris were given to me a few years ago and they've always been so loose that I have trouble keeping them up. Today, they fit just right. In checking the tag, I came to the startling realization that they are a full two sizes larger than I have ever worn!!! Where's the number to Jenny Craig?

No comments: