Tuesday, March 2, 2010

TEN THINGS TUESDAY

1. I had a great time in Joplin last week. I love seeing family and friends! On Friday night, the kids spent the night w/family and Rob and I had a hotel room to ourselves!

2. I am now only watching one extra child on weekdays.

3. My home is filled with the mouth-watering aroma of a corned beef slowly baking in the oven.

4. I have the privilege of decorating two cakes this week. They are both sculpted cakes - El Toro Loco (a monster truck) and Lightning McQueen. I love doing these types of cakes. Can't wait to get down to business!

5. Lost is on tonight. Since we missed it last week, we get to watch two hours worth. Rob and Robby have Boy Scouts tonight, so we'll record it and watch it later with no commercial interruptions.

6. Have I mentioned how much I love my new vacuum cleaner?

7. Several people have been on my heart lately. I feel led lately to pray more than I have in a long time. I feel like it's the best thing I can do for these people.

8. In addition to the new desire to pray, I'm feeling led to start up a card ministry. It's something I've thought about for a long time now. I've decided that when someone is on my heart, first I will pray then I will drop a card in the mail letting them know that I am praying and thinking about them. Then I'll pray some more.

9. While in Joplin, I visited a teacher's supply store. I found some write on/wipe off mats that I had been looking for. (It's the simple things in life that please me.)

10. I've been hearing birds singing. There is hardly any snow left on the ground and the temperature is s-l-o-w-l-y climbing.

No comments: