Friday, November 16, 2012

11/15 and 11/16 Gifts

3 Gifts Golden
1) The golden rule - So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the law and the prophets (Matthew 7:12).  What an important and simple rule for life!  It's not always easy, but it is always right.

2) The golden years - I have the sheer joy of spending time with many in their golden years.  I always learn something from my time with them.  Usually it is a lesson in grace, wisdom, and patience.  I pray that I hold onto those lessons through my own golden years.

3) Bands of gold - I have posted previously about my wedding set and how much it means to me.  Rob has recently started wearing his wedding ring again.  I love seeing that circle of gold on his finger.  My heart is filled with pride and joy in knowing that he is my husband.  This may be TMI, but I also find it extremely sexy when he wears it.  That's right, I'm a preacher's wife and I find my husband sexy.

3 Gifts Hard Eucharisteo
1) Cold weather - I love summer with the heat and the sun.  I love spring with new life and warming temps.  I love early fall with the changing leaves and jeans and sweatshirts.  I don't love late fall and winter with dry skin and grey skies and the bare landscape.  Cold weather months are just hard for me.  But, what would spring and summer and early fall be without the colder months.  There would be no new life unless the trees were stripped bare.  Every season has a purpose and a place.

2) The miles that separate me from family - It's hard being six hours away from my parents, sisters, nieces, nephews, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandma.  I hurt over this when one of them is sick.  I am jealous when they gather for a birthday or holiday or just for fun.  However, the separation makes the time with them even sweeter.  I also believe that one reason I am so close to my husband and my children is because we are the only family we have close by.  We have also been forced to discover the joy of making friends into family.

3) Death - I can't say I will ever be thankful for death, but there is good to be found in it.  Cancer claimed the lives of two very godly, beautiful people very recently.  As much as they will be missed here and mourned over, there is hope in their passing.  They will suffer no more.  Cancer can't touch their glorified bodies.  They are with their savior and we will see them again.  Also, death gives me a very hard reminder that this world is not my home.  I will never find perfection here on Earth.  Death sends me running to the arms of Christ.


Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,
give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus for you.



No comments: