Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's Another Two-for-one

3 Gifts Behind a Door
1) My beautiful daughter - A few days ago, I opened the door to Megan's room and she was inside dancing.  In that moment, I was struck with how beautiful and grown-up she is.  She is becoming quite the young lady!

2) Our remodeled bathroom - We've been keeping the door closed so the cats won't get in there while there are still holes, etc for them to get in.  It's coming along well and going to be very nice when it's done.

3) Carl Dahlquist - A dear, wonderful man of God, I just can not say enough nice things about him.  He went to be on the heaven's side of death's door yesterday.  He is in the midst of his savior and friends and family who have gone before him.  Cancer has never touched him there.

3 Gifts Silent
1) The moments before anyone else is up - This morning I was actually grumbly about these moments.  I wanted to sleep in, but knew I had to get up.  My husband was still in bed.  I hadn't gotten the kids up yet.  I trudged around the house, grumbling about every little thing that irritated me.  I realized later in the morning that it's good that I'm up before everyone else.  I can get my grumpies out and be woke up enough to greet them pleasantly when they get up.

2) Coffee time - I know, another post about coffee.  The kids have already gone off to school.  Rob is in his recliner sipping coffee.  I am in mine doing the same.  We're not always completely silent, but sometimes we are and we are both comfortable being silent together.

3) Isaiah 53:7 - He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth.



Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,
give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus for you.

No comments: