Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Gift Sweet, Salty, Sipped

Sweet:  Snuggling up next to Robby to wake him in the morning.
Robby is a snuggler.  He always has been, even before he was born.  Megan is more than she used to be, but touch has never been her love language.  When I was pregnant with Megan, she would push out with a hand or foot.  If I touched that area of my belly, she would quickly pull in back in.  She was our little "touch-me-not."  With Robby, on the other hand, when I would touch the area where his little foot or hand was, he would push it out even more.  It was almost like he was trying to come through my skin to get to me.  Now he is a big 9-year-old boy, but he still likes to snuggle up in the mornings.  When I wake him, I crawl into his bed and wrap my arm around him, and he hugs me tight.  I know these precious moments will only last so much longer.  He will come to a point where it is just weird to snuggle your momma.

Salty:  Pita chips that I just couldn't get enough of last night.
Seriously, these things are really yummy!  I kept rolling up the bag and putting the chip clip on, only to take it back off again a few minutes later so I could reach in for another handful.  Salty snacks are my downfall.

Sipped:  My morning cup of coffee.
I really do enjoy coffee, especially that first morning cup.  Over the years, I'm afraid we've become coffee snobs.  We buy whole beans from Starbucks that we grind fresh every morning.  Lately we have been putting some Saigon cinnamon in with the grounds when we brew a pot.  Then I wait for that "beep," letting me know I can pour a cup.  Three Splenda and a generous amount of creamer, and I'm off to my recliner.  I catch up on Facebook, Fox News, Today's website, while sipping on that rich, creamy goodness.


Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,
give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus for you.

No comments: