Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gifts for yesterday and today

A Gift Handmade, Held, Happy
-Handmade:  Gifts and cards from my children.  I never really understood why parents liked the cheesy school project gifts until I started receiving them.  They're very precious.

-Held:  My hand.  In our living room, we have two recliners - one for Rob, one for me.  In between the chairs is a little end table.  Every so often, Rob will extend his hand and say "handser" and I will put my hand in his and he'll hold it for a while.  My love language is touch and he knows it.  I love his hugs and shoulder rubs and the way he holds my hand.

-Happy:  My mood.  Just moments ago, I could feel myself getting angry and grumpy.  I didn't have any reason to be that way.  I find that those are the worst kinds of moods, the ones that are bad and you have no reason for feeling that way.  Anyway, I knew I needed to catch up on my "Joy Dare" from yesterday and today.  I didn't feel like it, but did it anyway.  Now, as I'm reflecting on these gifts of joy, my mood is on the upswing.

3 Gifts in Community
-Strength:  It is difficult to go it alone.  Having others join you in this walk gives you people to lean on, depend upon; and then you can do the same for them.

-Accountability:  This is something we don't see as much of these days, but it is so very important.  In real community, there is sharing of joys, sorrows, and struggles.  We can count on each other to straighten us out when our walk gets a little crooked.

-Camaraderie:  This is the truly fun part of community.  We get together.  We share experiences.  We bond. We become family.



Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,
give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus for you.

No comments: